Although only issued for 4 years between 1967 and 1970, the Smiths is probably the best known of all British military watches and until quite recently, one of the more affordable for collectors.
This reintroduction is a completely new watch, built from scratch and incorporating improvements over the original. It is available only in 36mm diameter, now having a hi-dome sapphire crystal and drilled lugs with shoulderless springbars to allow a greater choice of straps to be fitted. Both versions have a soft iron dial and anti-magnetic cage, giving an anti-magnetic rating of 20,000 A/m (251 Oe). Both the black dial and white dial (Air Ministry) versions have also been allocated a NATO Stock Number (NSN).
Supplied in a watch travelling case with 24 months guarantee.
• 316L stainless steel, brushed finish
• Diameter 36mm
• Lug to lug height 46.8mm
• Thickness 11.1mm to top of the crystal
• Lug spacing 18mm
• Anti-magnetic 20000 A/m
• WR 10ATM/100 metres/330 feet
• 51 grammes (head only)
• Full anti-magnetic cage, screw back, shoulderless springbars with drilled lugs
• Semi-matte black, white printed numbers
• Hour markers Super Luminova C3
• Polished steel frame, luminous fill
• Luminous: SuperLuminova C3
• Sapphire box crystal, 31.5mm diameter x 1.5mm thick x 3.6mm high with A/R coating on the underside
• Sellita SW210, 19 jewels, hand-winding
• Grey NATO (PRS-29A)
NATO STOCK No.