Rolex are credited with introducing the first wristwatch which could display the time in two timezones in 1954. The Rolex GMT Master was developed following a request from Pan Am who wanted their pilots to track the time in the timezone they had left and also in their destination on a single timepiece. Although GMT watches are traditionally linked with aviation, these days they are regarded as a tool watch for anyone. the PRS-22GMTQ is fitted with the Ronda 515.24 quartz movement with independently adjustable 24 hour hand.
The PRS-22GMTQ incorporates a soft iron dial, anti-magnetic movement retaining ring and anti-magnetic movement cover giving a very high anti-magnetic rating of 20,000 A/m, a rating usually associated only with watches costing several times the price of the PRS-22GMTQ. The high legibility of the dial ensures that both timezones can be read at a glance.
The Speedbird GMTQ is guaranteed for two years and will be supplied with one single watch travel case.
The Bracelet screws are not fully tightened to allow for easy first-time adjustment.
After sizing please tighten and we suggest using a removable threadlock such as
Loctite Blue 242 to secure the screws.
• 316L stainless steel, brushed
• 36mm diameter, 39.4mm including crown
• Lug to lug height 42.5mm
• Thickness 11.6mm to the top of the crystal
• Lug spacing 18mm
• Anti-magnetic 20,000 A/m
• Water resistance 100 metres
• 131 grammes including bracelet
• Screw back, screw down crown
• Semi-matte black
• Luminous: Hour indices and triangle Super Luminova X1 C3
• Day/Date - Date only
• Frosted silver , luminous filled
• Luminous: Super Luminova X1 C3
• Bombé sapphire with anti-reflective coating on underside
• Ronda 515.24
• 371 Battery
• Stainless steel bracelet with push-button butterfly clasp, screwed links