Available next store opening - Please sign up to the newsletter for updates
Aventurine, Black, Cream, Ice Blue and Salmon dial versions now Sold Out.
The style of the Trans-global is instantly recognisable and whilst it was first introduced in 1954, it still looks fresh today.
In the 1950s, Scandinavian Airline Systems were flying transatlantic and to reduce the duration of the flight, flew directly over the North Pole. The high magnetic fields encountered over the North Pole played havoc with the timekeeping systems of the aircraft and crew, leading the airline to approach Universal Geneve to manufacture a wristwatch with high anti-magnetic properties; this watch became known as the “Polerouter” (although originally called “Polarouter”).
The Polerouter was designed by a then 23 year old Gerald Genta who is perhaps more well-known for designing the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. It was manufactured from 1954 – 1969.
The Smiths Trans-global is a modern take on this design with a 38mm diameter case (the Polerouter was originally 34.5mm), sapphire crystal, screw-down crown, screw back. Water resistance rating of 100 metres and an anti-magnetic rating of 20,000 A/m.
The Trans-global is available with 6 different dial and hand combinations:
• Black dial with golden hands and indices
• Cream dial with golden hands and indices
• Royal blue dial with golden hands and indices
• Ice blue dial with golden hands and indices
• Salmon dial with polished silver hands and indices
• Aventurine dial with polished hands and indices
Supplied in a two watch traveling case with 24 months guarantee.
• 316L stainless steel, all polished
• Diameter 38mm, 41mm including crown
• Lug to lug height 46.75mm
• 12.3mm to the top of the sapphire crystal
• Lug spacing 20mm
• Anti-magnetic 20,000
• Water Resistance 10ATM/100 metres/330 feet
• 130 grammes including bracelet
• Screw back, screw down crown, bombe lugs
• Choice of Black,Cream Royal Blue, Ice Blue, Salmon or Aventurine
• Dauphin hands, golden or polished silver
• Domed Sapphire, 35mm with anti-reflective coating on the underside
• Miyota 9039, 24 jewel automatic, 28,800 BPH
• Solid link stainless steel Beads of Rice with screwed links, solid end links and adjustable signed push-button clasp
All watches are guaranteed against defective workmanship for 24 months from
date of purchase and the guarantee for the first 12 months applies to the
original purchaser only.