NOW SOLD OUT
Next Availability: Autumn 2023 (TBC)
Caribbean watches were very popular in the 1960s and had very high (for the time) water resistance and bold vibrant coloured dials. Introduced by the watch company Jenny (later to aquire Doxa in 1997), they were also made by several other companies, all using the Caribbean name. The companies included Jenny, Jacquet Droz, Ollech & Wajs, Haste and Philip.
Caribbean watches were particularly popular amongst American servicemen serving in Vietnam but fell out of favour in the 1970s, with no-one manufacturing this style – until now!
The Smiths Caribbean is the first dive watch tested to 1000 metres/3300 feet to be launched by Time Factors and has been manufactured to the highest standards using first class materials. There were 15 revisions of the technical drawings before I was happy to put it into production. As always, the Smiths Caribbean is priced to be affordable for almost any pocket.
Supplied in a custom 2-watch travel case and matching tropic strap.
All watches are guaranteed against defective workmanship for 24 months from
date of purchase and the guarantee for the first 12 months applies to the
original purchaser only.
• 316L stainless steel, polished
• Diameter 40mm
• Lug to lug height 45.7mm
• 15.1mm to the top of the crystal, 12.3mm to the top of the bezel
• Lug spacing 20mm
• Anti-magnetic 4,800A/m
• Water Resistance 1000 metres / 3300 feet
• 165 grammes including bracelet
• Screw back with screw down crown, enamelled bezel with 3D polished indices and numbers
• Choice of Black, Yellow, Orange or Blue
• All Sunburst Dials
• SuperLuminova X1-C3
• Custom hands, luminous filled
• Polished steel on black and blue dials, black on yellow and orange dials
• Domed sapphire with anti-reflective coating on the underside, 29.5mm x 4.15mm
• Miyota 9015, 24 jewel automatic, 28,800 BPH
• Beads of rice bracelet with safety clasp, brushed outer links with polished centre links. Screwed links for adjustment, solid end links and signed clasp.