This is the first new "Smiths" watch to be manufactured since 1979 and continues the tradition of making quality watches at an affordable price. It utilises a case design used by many manufacturers over the last 60 years and is variously described as "Deco" or "Bauhaus".
The Smiths Big Date has been designed to be highly legible and suitable for both casual and formal wear. The full-luminous dial with contrasting black hands ensures that the watch is instantly readable in all lighting conditions. Water resistance to 50 metres means you don't have to worry about getting it wet and the sapphire crystal is highly scratch-resistant. The Swiss quartz movement is reliable and with its big date, there is no more squinting to read the date.
The PRS-27 is guaranteed for two years and will be supplied with one red and one black clip-on leather strap. Supplied in a single watch zipper travelling case.
SMITHS Big Date PRS-27
- 316L stainless steel, polished finish
- Available in 34mm and 40mm diameter
- Lug to lug height 34mm = 43.5mm - 40mm = 50mm
- Thickness 34mm = 8.3mm - 40mm = 8.5mm
- Lug spacing 34mm = 16mm - 40mm = 20mm
- Anti-magnetic 4800 A/m
- Water resistance 5ATM/50 metres/165 feet
- 34mm = 45 grammes - 40mm = 60 grammes
- Screw back
- Off white, Big Date at 6 o'clock position
- Full luminous dial, Super Luminova C3
- Black rectangular
- No luminous
- 1.2mm flat sapphire crystal, A/R coating on underside
- Ronda 509 quartz in 34mm, 519 quartz in 40mm
- Supplied with one black and one red leather strap
Movement Setting Instructions
NOTICE: During the calendar jump phase between 10.00 pm and 00.00 am the date can be changed. In this case the date of the following day needs to be set as there will be no jump at midnight
Stem position 1
Home position, watch runs
Stem position 2
Quick change of the date ( clockwise), watch runs. The date indication consists of a 2- disc system. On each first day of a new month, the date has to be set by quick change from 31 over 39 to 01. In rare cases, the quick change may be disengaged between 09.30 pm and 00.00 am (without damaging the movement). In this case the date indication can be reactivated by using the regular hand setting mechanism.
Stem position 3
Hand-setting, watch stops. When the stem is pulled out the battery power consumption is reduced by up to 70%.
Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Timefactors