There can be no better way to reintroduce the name of Sewills than to offer genuine new old stock Sewills watches. These are, however, new old stock with a difference.
When Sewills of Liverpool ceased trading in 2001, the German company who manufactured the watches for Sewills still had undelivered stock of movements and components. These parts remained stored until I discovered them in 2010 and decided to have them assembled. The manufacturer still had 85 of the movements submitted to COSC in 2001, complete with certificates. These movements have been fully serviced and assembled in the original cases before being regulated. So, although made from new old stock components, these watches were freshly manufactured in February 2010.
The Sewills Carmania is in the traditional ship's chronometer style and is a fully certified chronometer itself, supplied complete with COSC certification.
SEWILLS "Carmania" Automatic Chronometer
- 316L stainless steel, polished
- Diameter 38.8mm, 40.2mm across including crown
- Lug to lug height 42.75mm
- Thickness 9.5mm to the top of the flat crysta
- Lug spacing 20mm
- Anti-magnetic 4800 A/m
- Water resistance 50m
- Weight 55 grammes with strap, 115 grammes with bracelet
- Sapphire view back, decorated movement
- White or Black
- Luminous: Hour markers on black dial, none on white dial
- Silver hands on black dial, blued steel on white dial
- Luminous: Small circle on hour & minute hand
- Flat sapphire front & back
- COSC certified ETA2895 30 jewel automatic
- Genuine shark strap or steel bracelet
The Sewills Carmania is guaranteed for two years and will be supplied in a "piano black" gloss lacquered wooden box.
Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Timefactors